Home and Educational Aquaponic Kits
3 Bed IBC Tote Aquaponic Kit - Starting at $1750.00
This system is constructed from repurposed Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBC Totes) formerly used with food-safe products. All products included with the kit (e.g. plumbing, pump) are sourced new. You can let the pros at Aqua Vita Farms install the system and get it up and running or the kit can be purchased for DIY installation. Additional materials are required for DIY installations.
The 3 Bed IBC aquaponic system is capable of supporting approximately 30 lbs of fish or other aquaculture product being fed 1% of their body mass each day. The grow media in a flood and drain aquaponics grow bed serves the dual roles of providing a substrate in which virtually any plant can be grown, and most importantly, the biofiltration capacity required to convert the nutrient-rich fish wastes into all-natural plant fertilizers.
Each Kit Contains:
• 250 gallon Fish Tank
• 40 sq.ft of Flood and Drain Media Grow Space
• Bell-style auto-siphons for flood and drain automation
• Water supply plumbing manifold for grow bed and fish tank
• 950 gph Magnetic Drive pump
• Air pump with tubing and two ceramic air stones
• Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, and pH water quality test kits
• Floating thermometer
• Fish Net
• Organic micro-nutrients to help get the system started
• Gravel grow media (non-limestone). Cheapest alternative for grow media.
• HydroCorn grow media.
Lightweight (4x lighter than most gravels), inert and very easy to work with.
• Lighting fixtures: Available w/ interchangeable lamps for vegetative growth and fruiting/flowering (Florescent T5, Metal Halide/High Pressure Sodium)
• Tank heater and temperature controller.
• Automatic Back-up Air pump to keep fish healthy during power outages.